Wharton’s Aresty Institute of Executive Education, in conjunction with SDG, is pleased to offer the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate, a specialized certificate for business leaders looking to expand their leadership skills.
Offering a combination of Wharton’s academic and research expertise with SDG’s 35 years of real-world management consulting experience, the Certificate offers mid-career professionals the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills with a focus on making decisions under uncertainty. The concepts and tools acquired while earning the certificate empower participants to make value-creating, defensible decisions and to manage risk for competitive advantage.
The curriculum consists of a number of short individual programs in topics including strategy development, innovation, risk management, negotiation, and leadership. Participants select programs that best accommodate their interests and professional development needs. Those who complete the certificate program will be better able to:
- Make sound decisions under pressure
- Use innovation and design thinking to generate better alternatives
- Understand enterprise risk from the shareholder perspective
- Gain true commitment from all team members to foster effective execution
To complete the Certificate, participants must take the following:
- Biases in Decision Making (required)
- Achieving Strategic Decision Quality (required)
- One Wharton Executive Education elective
- Two SDG electives
For the Wharton electives, these are the eligible programs:
- Customer Analytics
- Executive Negotiation Workshop: Negotiate with Confidence
- Finance and Accounting for the Non-Financial Manager
- Innovation for Growth: Strategies for Creating Value
- Leveraging Neuroscience for Business Impact
- Mastering Innovation: From Idea to Value Creation
- Wharton Finance for Executives
- The Strategic Decision-Making Mindset
For the SDG electives, these are the eligible programs:
- Analytics for Strategic Decision Making
- Decision Analytics for Finance Professionals
- Leading Strategic Decision Making
- Leading with Integrity: Ethics for the Real World
- Managing Business Portfolios for Maximum Value
Participants interested in the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate program are invited to complete an application.
No Alumni Affiliation or Academic Credit
The Wharton Executive Education and SDG Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate Program is not a degree program. Courses in the Certificate Program are non-credit, supplemental courses that do not count toward any degree. Participants who complete the Certificate Program will not be conferred Wharton alumni status. In addition, completion of SDG courses will not count towards Wharton’s Aresty Scholar, CPD, or any other Wharton Executive Education designation. Completion of Wharton elective courses may count towards these designations, some exclusions may apply.