Modeling for Strategic Insight
Acquire the understanding and skills needed to build useful models in strategic decision situations and to use them to draw powerful insights into the decision.
Topics range from conceptual—such as how to recognize a good decision model—to practical—such as laying out a model in Microsoft® Excel. Modeling for Strategic Insight is highly interactive, with hands-on exercises to cement your grasp of new skills.
Learn how to:
- Plan the structure for a decision model
- Create a model for a business strategy decision
- Diagnose and correct model errors
- Use commercially available software packages to conduct probabilistic analysis
- Generate and communicate insights to guide and inform strategic decision-making
Required: Familiarity with Excel, laptop computer with Excel installed
We strongly recommend participants complete Decision Quality (DQ) before attending this course. The background provided by the DQ course will greatly enhance participants' experience in Modeling for Strategic Insight.
Offered through the Stanford Center for Professional Development in partnership with SDG.