Biases in Decision Making
There are many decision-making problems and pitfalls inherent to human nature. Through individual and class exercises, learn a framework for understanding how natural behavioral processes can produce biases, distortions, and mistakes in decision-making.
Take away preventive techniques that can help you avoid potential traps, improve individual decisions, and enrich organizational decisions.
Learn how to:
- Identify and avoid biases in perception
- Overcome fallacies in reasoning
- Detect and minimize motivational biases
- Identify personality differences and avoid personality-based distortions
- Understand group dynamics and benefit from a group's diversity
Previously known as Behavioral Challenges in Decision-Making.
Offered through the Stanford Center for Professional Development in partnership with SDG.