For three decades, Strategic Decisions Group's founders, partners, and consulting staff have advanced innovative ways of thinking about management, risk, and corporate decision-making, in the process incubating ground-breaking industry change.
Some examples of how SDG has transformed the management profession over the past four decades:
- In the 1970s, our founding partner devised the first Cash Management Account at Merrill Lynch
- In the 1980s, SDG pioneered financial risk analysis
- In the 1990s, our game-changing portfolio management processes swept the pharmaceutical sector and became the industry standard by the end of the decade.
Today, we continue innovative thinking with:
- Risk assessment at the forefront of today's nuclear industry to help energy companies place their extraordinarily big bets in an environment of regulatory, political, economic, and technical uncertainty.
- Enterprise Risk Management from not just a compliance perspective, but also a top management perspective to command the level of oversight senior leaders truly need.
- Radical new ways to structure public-private partnerships, linking government and private industry for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Drawing on the disciplines of business, engineering, psychology, organizational behavior, and decision sciences – combined with our in-depth industry experience and global perspective from partnering with clients on six continents – SDG’s competencies differentiate us from other consulting firms and provide our clients with thoughtful solutions that deliver competitive market advantage.
Through books, articles, web conferences, and keynote speeches, our staff continues to advance the management profession and to create a legacy of positive, lasting change.